Mahinawa Specialist School

(04) 238 4314 1b Takapuwahia Dr, Takapuwahia, Porirua 5022


Enrolling in our school has to follow a process set by the Ministry of Education. It takes time so please be patient. 

Step One: All students enrolled at Mahinawa Specialist school must have Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS) funding. Without this, a student will not be eligible to enrol.   The ORS funding is usually applied for by the Early Intervention teacher six months before the student is due to start school.  If the student is already at school, the enrolled school's SENCO along with the Ministry support person will apply. We are happy if you need help.

Here is a link to the ORS funding, its criteria and the application form.

Step Two: A student must have a Section 9 Agreement.  This needs to be approved and signed off by the Ministry before a student can proceed with enrolment in our school.

Step Three:  Once the first two steps are completed, whanau can then complete our enrolment form. When enrolling, please make sure that the following documents are provided:

  1. the student's birth certificate
  2. the residency visa or student visa if the student is born overseas
  3. the student's vaccination records 
  4. proof of the parent's or caregiver's residential address